Wednesday, December 24, 2008

IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE






MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

I'm dreaming of an Austrian Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the wine is heated and I'm always greeted
With baked goods and lots and lots of snow

I'm dreaming of an Alpine Christmas
Just like the one back in 1988
Though my toes were frozen, my cheeks were rosen
I was young, skied well and felt so great

I'm dreaming of of white Christmas
Better than all this wind and rain
It's dark and dreary, and sort of eerie
But hey, no shoveling, so I'm okay

I really don't need to dream of any Christmas
Everyday for me is blessed
I have a man who loves me, a dog who adores me
And lots of love to keep me free of stress

I know, I'm going to have a sweet Christmas
I think I know just how it will go
I'll get home to my honey, he'll say something funny
To make me smile and laugh with lots of joy
And my dog is already my favorite toy

So...May all your days be merry and bright
And as peaceful as your nights.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you write this wonderful text? I cried. I miss you so much. I am in that dream Christmas place and I dreamt of being there with you guys! So, I guess what you say at the end is true...we know just how it will go and the place isn't all that important...it's the family and the memories and the love. I won't sign my name...maybe you won't know who wrote this. Or did the 'I cried' give it away?

Anonymous said...

Did you write this wonderful text? I cried. I miss you so much. I am in that dream Christmas place and I dreamt of being there with you guys! So, I guess what you say at the end is true...we know just how it will go and the place isn't all that important...it's the family and the memories and the love. I won't sign my name...maybe you won't know who wrote this. Or did the 'I cried' give it away?

Linda of the Lake said...

Ah ha! another would be poet in the family - welcome. I loved your "song"!